Monday, March 28, 2011

Shut Up

Shut up! No good freakin’ assholes. Stop! No child of mine will talk to me like that. Go away! Good for nothing selfish little brats. Leave me alone!

Nobody’s perfect. I gotta work it. That’s easier said than done. Shut up! See how much my father likes Hannah Montana. Stop!

The only reason that people dislike her is because they know that what she says is true. I know that nobody’s perfect. I know that life is what you make it. Go away!

I know how it feels to have guys look right past me. I know how it feels when they don’t see that I exist. I might even be a rock star. Leave me alone!

Because parents grew up so long ago, they really have no idea what we go through. I’m serious.

Put down your algebra book and see how good they are at solving a quadratic equation. Let them try to go through puberty again. See what I mean? They get paid for doing what they do best while we are stuck in school with very hormonal kids trying to solve quadratic equations but flunking math because we are completely gifted at writing poetry. We all want to believe in love.

We all want to believe in something bigger than just us. Love. Parents believe that teens can’t be in love. We can. I know it. Okay, so I have never had a BF, but I know what love is like.

Love is when you can be open with him and know he will never lie to you or try to hurt you in any way. Love is when you can snuggle up with him on the couch in your basement and share popcorn. Love is when he is a gentleman and leaves you a handful while he scarfs down the rest. Love is when you can look into each others eyes for a long period of time and not turn away blushing.

Love is when he squeezes your hand from time to time just to make sure this is really happening. Love is when your heart leaps when your cell phone rings and it’s him. Love is when he whispers, “I love you,” into the speaker while standing on your balcony with a dozen red roses. Yes. Love is wonderful. Love is colorful. Love is like a dozen roses when the sun shines through the morning dew and creates a rainbow on each petal.

Shut up! Stop! Go away! Leave me alone! Depressing when nobody loves you. Depressing when there is nobody to love. Depressing when nobody gets it. It. Love? School? Teenage life? What? It. Everything. Nothing. Shut up!

No comments:

Post a Comment