Little friends, I'm sorry to say
That I must leave you here,
Outside the castle
For my Prince Charming
Isn't fond of dirty mice
Or disease-carrying birds.
Little friends, I'm sorry to say
That I shall never sing again
Unless it is with my love
For my Prince Charming
Isn't fond of my soprano vocals
Or my vobrato.
Little friends, I'm sorry to say
That I must give up my glass shoe
To the palace staff
For my Prince Charming
Is fond of museums
And wants it to be bronzed.
Little friends, I'm sorry to say
That I was given a list of chores
To complete in the palace
For my Prince Charming
Is fond of a clean castle
And a working woman.
Little friends, I'm sorry to say
That I found another woman
In my bed
For my Prince Charming
Is fond of brunettes
And I am a blonde.
Little friends, I'm sorry to say
That I've been thrown
Outside the castle
For my Prince Charming
Isn't fond of me anymore
Because he saw me for who I am.
Little friends, I'm sorry to say
That he's found another maid
Locked up in a tower
For my Prince Charming
Is fond of women
Who are hard to get.
No comments:
Post a Comment